Susan’s profession has been educating children. Her knowledge will improve the quality of the board’s decision making and ability to arrive at workable solutions resulting in positive outcomes for all students.
- Experience with K-12 students in urban, rural and suburban public schools in several states
- Currently licensed in elementary education and K-12 special education/learning disabilities/dyslexia
- Adjunct faculty at community college level
- Designed anti-bullying programs and programs to build self-esteem based on service learning
- Tutored in Washtenaw county jail and the foster care system
- Mentors teachers on literacy instruction methods and classroom management